Common Diseases Carried by Mosquitos

With the weather warming up, mosquito control in Massachusetts is imperative. Not only are these insects Mosquito Control Massachusettsbothersome to anyone who steps outside, but they also are known to carry a variety of diseases. AllGreen wants our customers to be aware of the implications these bugs can have on our family and pets, and have come up with two of the most common illnesses found in New England.

West Nile Virus

This infection is the most common mosquito-borne transmitted illness in the United States. Nearly 80% of those who are infected with this virus do not have symptoms. Those in the other 20% can suffer from fever along with other symptoms such as headaches, joint pains, fatigue, vomiting, diarrhea, and more. Less than 1% of those infected will develop a serious neurologic illness that involves inflammation of the brain. There is currently no specific antiviral medication or treatment available for this illness, but many who suffer severe cases might be hospitalized for supportive treatment.

Eastern Equine Encephalitis (EEE)

Just the same as West Nile, EEE is transmitted to humans and animals. A rarer illness, EEE often does not present itself with symptoms in most infected, but more severe cases do cause inflammation of the brain. They usually start with similar symptoms as West Nile, such as vomiting, fever, headache, and chills. Unfortunately, EEE is known for having a 33% mortality or severe brain damage rate in the United States. There are currently no antiviral preventative measures available, but anyone who believes they are suffering from infection should visit their healthcare provider immediately for evaluation and treatment.

Though you cannot control what happens outside of your yard, you can certainly control some of the insects that invade your property. AllGreen is a go-to solution for MA residents seeking mosquito control. If you are looking to protect your family and pets from the potential implications of these illnesses, then we have the solution for you.

With more questions about our products and services or to request a free estimate, please call our experts in West Roxbury (617) 327-5555 or in Norwood (781) 762-7080.

Contact Us

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Latest Blog Posts