The spring season brings with it sunny days and innumerable chances to enjoy our property’s lawn and landscape. There’s nothing quite as refreshing as waving good-bye to the long, cold winter months and to welcome the many warm, sunny months we’ll soon be enjoying. However, the spring season also means a significant uptick in mosquito populations in MA. This is why today is the perfect time to let AllGreen provide you with professional and safe mosquito control. MA mosquito control is a service we’ve proudly offered since our inception, so have come to know just how beneficial it is.
As most of us know, mosquitoes are some of nature’s most effective transmitters of disease. Everything from malaria to yellow fever to West Nile virus and plenty of other nasty illnesses can be transmitted by mosquitoes to humans with one small bite. Professional MA mosquito control as well as taking some action on your own can greatly reduce the chances of being exposed to mosquitoes in the first place. Combining our highly effective mosquito control methods with the following tips will help to keep you, your friends and your family safe this season.
What you can do to reduce the mosquito population around your property.
- Rid your property of any standing water where mosquitoes can lay their eggs.
- Empty wheelbarrows, flower pots, old tires and any other containers that collect water.
- Change the water you use in bird baths and pet bowls on a weekly, if not daily, basis.
- Get rid of water that may have collected on pool covers and flip wading pools over when you’re not using them.
- Make sure your rain gutters are unclogged.
- Unclog drainage ditches.
What you can do to protect yourself.
- Try to wear long pants and long-sleeved shirts outside.
- Use mosquito netting for porches and infant carriers.
- Use a safe mosquito repellant.
These are a few ways that you can make yourself safer during what can be called “mosquito season.” Combining these tips with professional MA mosquito control from AllGreen will work to ensure that you spend less time worrying about disease and more time enjoying your lawn!